That means we don't go outside. We stay in the house. In air conditioning.
Me. Plus one two-year-old and a nine-month-old.
Today, to help pass time, and to keep us occupied, we made Miss Beverly's Banana Pudding. It kept Sophie busy. She mixed things up and crushed cookies and created layers. Charlie sat in his high chair and watched while he ate Cheerios.
Oh, and then there was licking the mixer and eating the finished product. Not too bad, if I must say so myself!
Keep busy on a scorching August day making this cold, sweet treat. Enjoy!
Miss Beverly's Banana Pudding
- 1 Box Banana Cream Pudding Mix
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 14 oz Condensed Milk
- One tub Cool Whip
- 1 box Vanilla Wafers (you can use more or less)
- 4 bananas (you can use more or less)
- Mix pudding and water and condensed milk.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Layer bottom of deep dish (we used a 8 x 8 deep square baking dish) with crushed Vanilla Wafers as your crust. Add layer of bananas. Add one cup of pudding mixture.
- Next do a layer of Vanilla Wafers (not crushed this time) and bananas, then another cup of pudding. Repeat til your dish is full.
- Stick in fridge and serve when cold.