Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

Hi-Yo Silver, Away!

I know we all have a bunch of silver laying around the house getting tarnished and not being very useful. Well I'm about to put an end to that. I happen to have a set of Old Maryland Engraved and I'm ready to take it off the sidelines. Time to get in the game, silver! No sense in making the stainless do all the work.


People are afraid to use their silver because they've been told not to put it in the dishwasher. I'm still not sure about the whole dishwasher thing. I've read that it's okay to use the dishwasher, that it's even okay to use the heat cycle (gasp!) but to use gentle (read no chlorine) detergent in small amounts (much less than found in one of those tiny pods that I've read children can mistake for candy, but that's another blog post, and hopefully not mine).

We're going to experiment some here to figure out what works best for our silver. I'll let you know how it goes. Perhaps then I can lead a revolution of people who use their silver rather than leave it sitting in boxes unattended. A girl can dream, right? Gotta have goals.

xoxo

~ ev


No comments:

Post a Comment

© Eavie RVA. Powered by